Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Self Love :: slowly getting myself there (001)



What is "self love"? Regard for one's own well-being and happiness. -- That's Google's definition of it. But also, self love is also about loving the way you look. These days, so many people - men and women - are trying to change themselves to how society thinks they should look. For a long time, I hated how I looked. Even when I was at my smallest, I still felt I was ugly.

After 3 kids, my body become something I had hated. I have a kangaroo pouch (yes, the flap of fat that hangs from my huge babies, I call my kangaroo pouch), I have extra weight I didn't use to have, I have insane stretch marks, etc etc. I could go on and on.

You know what though? My husband still thinks I'm beautiful. Shouldn't that be enough? Who cares what others say. At the end of the day, who is it that will always be there by your side, holding you while you sleep? Your mate. No one else.

Recent pic with my husband at the aquarium for the kids.
See? Sleeveless. And it's a dress.

One thing I hated most about myself was my arms. I'm still not a fan of them. I would never wear sleeveless shirts because I was too worried about what others would think of my arms. Now that I have three kids, even though they're boys, I don't want them growing up seeing me being worried what others think. I want to set an example for them, that beauty is what's on the inside, and it comes in different forms. So, I've been pushing myself to wear sleeveless shirts. In this Texas heat, I'm surprised I didn't do it sooner. I'm also stepping out of my comfort-zone and trying to wear dresses more.

No one is perfect. There is no such thing as the "perfect" body. There's just you. We all are unique and special. And it's time we start realizing that and stop letting tv, magazines, books, whatever, tell us how we should look, or how we should act.


Be you. Be unique. We only have this one life. Why waste it being someone we're not? That's what I'm working on for myself. Don't get me wrong... I am trying to eat better and lose some weight. But only to be healthy and avoid health problems later in life for as long as possible. My goal is to live a long, happy, and healthy life... loving myself along the way.




Sponsor(s) of the month:

No comments:

Post a Comment