Monday, May 30, 2016

Tired of PANDAS??? You've got to be kidding!

Me, finally fulfilling my dream and seeing a panda in person!
So one day while going through Starbucks drive thru, the lady in the window saw my phone case. A panda. She called it cute, asks where I got it, and told me she likes cats. (I have a panda wallet, panda stuffed toys, panda art, etc etc.) Then she says, " I'm from China, so I've seen enough pandas."

My. Jaw. Dropped.

Seen... Enough?
Is that possible?!

I mean, come on!! We're talking about pandas here! That's like saying, "I've seen enough puppies." No! No, you can't see enough!

It just really threw me for a loop. Yes, I know you can get enough of some things; ice cream, sun, a joke you've heard a million times. But come on! We're talking about PANDAS!!! That's in a category all on its own!

I finally got to see a panda in person, after years of being obsessed with them, on December 20, 2015. At the Memphis, Tennessee zoo while we were driving from Texas to my parents, in North Carolina. It was very emotional for me. I could not believe it... I was watching a panda, in person! Not videos, not pictures, but in person... right in front of me! I fell to my knees and cried. It was amazing, it was wonderful. I will never forget it. I hope to go back again.


What is it that you can't get enough of?






Sponsor(s) of the month:

No comments:

Post a Comment