Thursday, September 13, 2012

Summer 2012

Summer 2012 - What We did

Now that summer is coming to an end, I'll give you an idea how our's went.

In the Texas summers, you have to find way to cool off. So of course, we got a pool. Not a great big pool - just one big enough for the kids to play while I sit with them. Spent about $20 on it. It works.

With a zoo membership, you really save money! Our's already proved to be a good investment right away. We've gone a lot! Although it got too hot some days and we didn't go, once it cools down, it'll get its use again. But even on the hot days, we went and spent a lot of time inside the A/C buildings mostly.

Took my son to his first movie; Madagascar 3. He enjoyed it. It was something new and fun... and indoors out of the heat! It was certainly a treat for him.

Before it gets too hot during the day, we did manage a few mornings at the park.

A place we visit a lot, is the play area at the mall - A/C and fun for the boys. We also went to the library a few times, but I didn't get any pics there.

Hubby and I even managed to get a "date" together. Went to dinner, then to the movies and saw Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. It had been about 4 months since our last date, so it was nice. (We got a second one in towards the end, too.)





Sponsor(s) of the month:

8 comments:

  1. That sounds a lot like our summer. I think we did all the same stuff. I haven't bit the bullet on the membership but our local zoo has a free day for residents. They even have a geyser for the kids to play in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, our's has free days sometimes, but my hubby works those days. So when the membership went on sale, we took it.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have had a fun summer with your family. Time to get planning all those fun fall activities, like the pumpkin patch, raking leaves....

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow Texan, I can attest to your statement about the importance of finding a way to cool off during the summer. This year has felt substantially harsh to me. Although I love the summer, I really wish it wasn't quite so intense here. Always having to find a place inside to spend your time even though it's gorgeous outside and looks so inviting.

    It certainly looks like y'all had a fun filled summer, and managing two dates in that time with little ones is a huge plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate summer, haha. I'm surprised I did manage to go out so much this summer. I usually stay indoors. But we try to get the boys out of the house so they don't feel cooped up all the time at home.

      Delete
  4. Summers in Texas are hot. They claim this Summer was not as hot as the last, but standing out in it I don't tend to believe it! I have only been to the zoo in Houston once with my husband and it was GREAT! I am looking forward to going again. I am glad ya'll had a good summer. Lets hope it gets a cooler outside SOON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been horrible. I'm so anxious for cooler weather! And I've been trying to talk my hubby into moving to NC (where I'm from) ever since I moved here, haha.

      We love the zoo! :D

      Delete