Monday, August 6, 2012

Recipe :: natural vitamin water


I love flavored water. So why pay lots of money for the ones sold in stores with extra stuff added that your baby doesn't need? Make your own! Fresh fruits add natural sweetness and beautiful colors to your plain water.

I made my first batch with apples, oranges, and strawberries. It's what I had at the time, haha. And no herbs. Didn't have any, at the moment.

Ingredients
1 quart filtered water
1-2 cups fruit/veg (strawberries, oranges, watermelon, cucumber, etc.)
2-3 tablespoons fresh herbs (mint, rosemary, lavender, etc.)
ice

Instructions
1. Slice fruit into very thin slices and add to a large pitcher.
2. Lightly smash them with a wooden spoon to help release their juices.
3. Gently bruise the herb leaves and add to the pitcher.
4. Add ice, then fill pitcher with water.
5. Allow to infuse for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
6. Water will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.

5 comments:

  1. Can I have some too? haha love flavored water!

    Hope you have a great week! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I don't really drink water unless it's flavored. I usually use the crystal light stuff, but now, since I found this, this is how I drink water. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey girl, thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! I am officially your newest follower :) And I cannot wait to try this vitamin water! It sounds yummy! I love how natural it is. I'm excited to hear more from ya! Yay for being blog friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to go follow you back, and forgot I had already done so during my first visit, haha. :D

      Delete