Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DIY :: piggy bank

Step 1: Get something with a lid to use as your piggy bank, peel off the label and give it a slot in the lid. (I used a formula can since I have some. Plus it teaches recycling.)

Step 2: Paint it any color you want and let it dry overnight. (I used green because I had a can here from my sister-in-law's old house.)

Step 3: decorate!! My son loves cars and planes, so I found a tablet of those type of stickers at the dollar store for a dollar. (You can let them decorate with buttons, paint, glitter glue, etc.) I rubbed the stickers over with a glue stick to help secure them a bit more.


Finished!! Now my son has a special place for his money that he recently got from his uncle and grandma.

3 comments:

  1. Found you through the blog walk. I have lots of these cans, didn't think of that use for them though. I'm following to see what you come up with next; I hope you'll follow back.

    Angie from Hales Family Fun
    http://thefamilyhales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete